Saturday, January 17, 2009

Inauguration Anticipation - Part 2

I can't get enough of the Inauguration. The pre-Inauguration activities, Obama's trip to the Lincoln memorial, the girls going off to the Sidwell School for their first day of school in DC, the controversy over the guest speakers, the mother-in-law scoop, the choice of first puppy, the unprecedented security measures, the Bible, Hay-Adams Hotel, Blair House, the train ride from Philadelphia to DC, all of it. Like the Olympics, I'm glued to the TV.

But, what I'm really looking forward is Michelle Obama's fashion; the parade suit and the gown. I'm anxious to hear the Inauguration speech of course but, call me shallow or superficial or irrelevant if you will, I'm eager to see what Michelle Obama will wear on Inauguration Day because so far, I like her style.

Michelle Obama, former associate dean at the University of Chicago; a member of six boards of directors including the prestigious Chicago Council on Global Affairs, the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools and Tree House Foods; and Vice President, Community and External Affairs at the University of Chicago Hospital a position where she was responsible for all programs and initiatives that involve the relationships between the hospitals and the community as well as management of the hospitals' business diversity program.....

Yes, I like her style.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi There "She Talks"... I too share your excitement and passion for recognizing Michelle Obama's brains and beauty. She is the epitome of a woman who, yes, has it all, but manages to do so in her own simplistic, grassroots, down-home-kind-of-way. That's what I think is so special about her. Like many women I know who strive to be "all they can be," Mrs. Obama just happens to be married to the President of the United States. I hope, however, that soon she be recognized by her own achievements and contributions to our world, irregardless of her position as our new delightful First Lady.